Banner Student Account FAQ

What is a Banner Student Account?

Banner Student is the student information system for all University of New Hampshire campuses and Granite State College.

Who Can Get a Banner Student Account?

Access to student information at the University of New Hampshire and Granite State College is limited to appropriate officials as designated by the chief executive officer of each institution of the University System. The criteria for determining such official individuals shall be their need to have access to information related to personal and academic advising or counseling; academic standing and course registrations; health and welfare of the student and/or other person; financial need and/or awards; and matters related to the student's status within the institution (e.g. class standing, residency, etc.).

How Can I Apply for an Account?

Banner Student accounts can be requested through the Accounts Management System :

  1. Login to the Accounts Management System (Note: Do Not Use Internet Explorer)
  2. Click on Add
  3. Select either Request Access for Yourself or Request Access for an Employee
  4. Verify your information. If requesting access for another employee, enter their information and click Next.
  5. Click on the check box next to Student Information
  6. UNH Durham, UNH Manchester (UNHM), and UNH Law employees click on the check box next to UNH Banner Student. GSC employees click on the box next to GSC Banner Student.
  7. Click on any other tools that will be needed (such as Workflow, AppEx, or AppMan) and click Next
  8. Fill out the type of access and any Additional Information, if needed, and click Next. If you selected more than one tool, you will need to fill out a page for each one.
  9. Verify the request and check off "I certify..." and click on Submit Account Request

How Do I Access Banner Student Once I Have an Account?

You can access the application as follows:

  1. Log into the vpn at ( For more information see the Pulse Secure UNH VPN FAQ )
  2. Go to
  3. Hover over "Production Systems", then "UNH/GSC Student Banner" then select "UNH Production Banner 9" or "GSC Production Banner 9"
  4. Login with your AD username and password

How Do I Change My Password?

You can login to Banner Student with your AD Password. Refer to the How do I change my AD Password? page for further instructions.

What if I Forget My Password?

Contact the UNH IT Service Desk at 862-4242.

What are the System Requirements for Using Banner?

Banner Student can run on any modern browser, this includes Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Edge. Chrome is the recommended browser. Internet Explorer does work but may be slower and have more errors.

For related products, please view the Banner support matrix.

Note for Xtender users: Xtender users who need to scan, annotate, or print documents will need to continue using Internet Explorer until Xtender is upgraded for Banner Student. The Xtender upgrade is currently scheduled for late summer 2019. If this causes significant difficulty for your office, please contact the Document Management Group to discuss possible options.

Where Can I Get Training?

UNH IT no longer offers training for Banner products. Each department is asked to train new employees.

How Do I Get a Banner Student Account Disabled?

The Human Resources employee termination process is directly related to disabling of computer accounts. On an employee's termination date his or her Banner Student account will be automatically disabled. If you want an account disabled prior to an employee leaving the University, please call the UNH IT Service Desk at 862-4242. More information on the deactivation of computer accounts.

Where Can I Find More Information or Answers?

If you have any Banner SIS technical questions, you can complete a Banner Student Support Form .


Article ID: 705
Fri 7/19/19 5:33 PM
Thu 8/1/19 12:23 PM