Degree Works FAQs

What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a Web-based tool for advisors and students to monitor their academic progress toward degree completion. This degree audit is a guide to use when planning your progress toward completion of the above requirements. 

  • Undergraduate students should contact their academic advisor for assistance in interpreting the audit.
  • Graduate students should contact their graduate department office. Please note: Not all graduate programs are in Degree Works. Please contact your graduate department office to inquire if Degree Works is available to you.
  • Prospective undergraduate transfer students should contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office. This audit is not official notification of completion of degree requirements.

What is a Degree Audit?
A degree audit is a review of past, current and in progress coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree and major. 

Who can use Degree Works?
Degree Works is available to faculty advisors, all degree seeking undergraduate students, and select graduate students. Faculty members who are also advisors should have their supervisor submit a request to the Accounts Management System to be granted access. 

Can I register for classes in Degree Works?
No. Registration will continue to be handled through Webcat. Degree Works is a snapshot of courses that are in progress and completed.

What do I do if I believe my Degree Works audit is incorrect?
Undergraduate students consult with your academic advisor for a review of your audit.

Graduate students consult with your graduate department office for a review of your audit.

Why isn’t my transfer credit meeting a requirement?
Not all transfer courses slot automatically into major requirements; many require manual intervention through an exception process.

  • Undergraduate students please speak with your academic advisor. Your advisor can contact their Dean’s Office to rectify this problem.
  • Graduate students please speak with your graduate department office. 

I’m thinking about changing my major. How will my courses be applied toward a new major?
Use the “What-if” feature within Degree Works and select your proposed degree and major. Click the “Process What-if” button to see how your coursework will be applied for the new major.

My academic advisor told me that a course I took would be substituted for a requirement. Why doesn’t this information appear on my audit?
You should contact your academic advisor to resolve any substitution issue. Your advisor can contact their Dean’s Office to rectify this problem.

If all the boxes are checked, does that mean I’m graduating?
Not necessarily. If you have applied to graduate, the Office of the Registrar will perform a final audit after all final grades have been submitted to determine if you are eligible to graduate.


Article ID: 4304
Fri 1/7/22 3:43 PM
Fri 4/8/22 2:32 PM
Applicable Institution(s):
University of New Hampshire (UNH)