myElements - Manual Entry of Publications/Scholarship


This article will describe how to enter a publication/scholarly activity manually in myElements when other entry options are not available.

Related video


Manual Entry of Publications and Scholarship

myElements is capable of harvesting data that has been indexed in various databases. Items such as presentations and artistic and professional activities will need to be added manually as well as publications not indexed. Presentations are considered scholarly activities and are entered under Publications. If automatic claiming and import of citation file are not successful follow these steps.

  1. From Home tab click on +add to the right of publications


  2. Choose the appropriate type If you are unsure of what type your scholarship would be categorized as What Goes Where? for help. NOTE: If an item is in process of being published the submission option can be used

  3. myElements may be able to find your publication with a title or DOI if available. Add Title or DOI and click search. If it is still not found click skip. For most activities the skip button will be used.

  4. Add details. Categories with a red * are required NOTE: When adding a title of Artistic and professional performances and exhibits please include what your role was in the title. ex. Director of Macbeth

  5. Click Save

  6. Link to a funding source if appropriate or click not externally funded.

Paul College

Paul College Faculty when entering a publication

scroll all the way to the bottom of the publication information page when you are entering information

Expand "Additional Information" and fill in the appropriate fields for AACSB


Need additional help?

Please fill out the myElements webform with as much detail as possible or contact the ET&S Help Desk team on your local campus.

For additional training see Teaching and Learning Technologies training calendar


Article ID: 1576
Fri 7/19/19 6:11 PM
Thu 3/3/22 9:36 AM
Applicable Institution(s):
University of New Hampshire (UNH)